Bathroom Safety Tips
What is the “NKBA”?
The National Kitchen and Bath Association is a non-profit organization that promotes the professionalism of the kitchen and bathroom industry. They connect remodeling professionals in North America and Canada. They are constantly providing resources and education for contractors to improve in their fields. They provide a lot of helpful information to share with consumers so that they may make informed choices. These bathroom safety tip sheet is just one example of the many resources the NKBA offers. We have the knowledge and expertise to professionally install all of the items included in the list.
Bathroom safety tips
To keep your bathroom safe AND accessible for all the members of your family, the NKBA suggests these tips and guidelines:
- Slip-resistant flooring should be installed throughout the bathroom. Glazed ceramic tiles with an anti-slip finish are a good choice. Vinyl sheets are a less expensive choice.
- Add grab bars throughout the bathroom to prevent falls, especially near the entrance of the tub or shower.
- Ease entries into tub and shower areas. For example, eliminate steps leading into the shower.
- Install shatterproof shower doors.
- Pressure-balanced and temperature-controlled valves will prevent scalding.
- Install GFCIs on all electrical outlets. They shut off when moisture is detected.
- Install cabinet locks so children can’t get to medications or cleaning supplies.
Your local bathroom contractor
As we mentioned in a previous blog post, we have helped homeowners in Eastern CT create safe bathroom environments for almost 30 years. We’ve installed hundreds of comfort height toilets, and accessible showers and tubs. We take the time to sit down with your family to discuss your needs and balance them with the design elements you want. We also offer different options depending on your budget! Our team of professional plumbers, electricians and carpentry technicians work together to install everything so you only have to make one call. Please call 860-228-1036 to schedule a service call.