Standby Generator: Benefits for your home
A home standby generator is the answer to Mother Nature’s mood swings! Keep the lights on, the movie playing and the coffee brewing. It doesn’t matter what the weather is doing. A Kohler generator restores your power automatically and keeps you connected to what you love to do!
When you think of emergency power supply, you most likely think about a portable generator. However, a standby unit has many more benefits.
Standby vs. Portable Generators
- Automatically restores power in as little as 10 seconds, whether you are home or away.
- Powers your home, including A/C, heat and large appliances.
- Delivers high-quality power. It won’t harm your electronics.
- No refueling. It runs on your home’s natural or LP gas.
- Safe and sound. Professionally installed by Rapid Service for safe, “hands-off” operation for the homeowner.
- Quiet performance. Similar to a central air conditioner.
- Requires extension cords to power individual items.
- Powers small appliances, TVs, lights and power tools.
- Provides basic power for select items at home, camping or job site.
- Needs frequent refueling. The unit usually runs on gasoline.
- Requires you to operate unit outside and follow all safety guidelines to avoid danger of carbon monoxide and other hazards.
- Loud performance. It is clearly heard by the neighbors
Additional benefits of standby generators
Standby generators off a safer and better solution. They have capabilities and design advantages that portable generators don’t have.
- Higher power output. Modern homes have higher loads compared to even 10 years ago. There is a significant increase in the size and number of electronic devices.
- Better power quality. Sophisticated electronics need the protection of high-quality power sources.
- Quiet operation. Enclosures are designed to muffle sound levels so families can sleep.
- Safe operation. No refueling, no extension cords, no battling the elements, no worrying about a carbon monoxide threat.
At Rapid Service, we trust KOHLER generators. Hospitals, nuclear power plants and even the National Weather Service trust in them. There is an exclusive 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, plus a corrosion-proof enclosure that’s built to last.*
To schedule the installation of a unit that will power your AC, heat, sump pump and major appliances in 10 seconds, give us a call. 800-229-8177 You can also use our online Contact Us form.
*14 and 20kW models feature corrosion-proof enclosures; all other models feature corrosion-resistant enclosures.