How to Keep Your Faucet Looking New
When you finally spring for some upgrades in your home, it’s a great feeling. Sometimes, it’s something simple like new throw pillows for the couch. Sometimes, it’s something bigger like a new kitchen faucet. Upgrades breathe life into the spaces you return to at the end of the day. They are things you work hard for and like to enjoy. It’s not enjoyable when they stop looking like new in a few weeks. Your local Manchester CT plumber has some tips on how to keep your new kitchen faucet sparkling.
Steps to keep your faucet looking brand new
Before you get any chemical cleaners involved, your local plumber has a few simple things you can do to protect your faucet:
- Blot any excess water with a gentle touch. When water evaporates, the minerals are leftover and will erode the finish. It will look dull in no time.
- Use a 50/50 mix. If you notice hard water stains, trying mixing half vinegar and half water in a spray bottle. Spray your faucet and wipe it down gently. This mixture is safe for both your fixture and the environment.
- Rinse it off after use. Cooking and hand washing can get messy. Rinse any food particles or soap off after use to avoid mineral build up or corrosion. Again, be sure to blot it after to get rid of excess water.
How to avoid damaging your kitchen upgrade
Chemicals do have their place in the world. On your plumbing fixtures isn’t one of them. These types of cleaners should be avoided:
- Toilet cleaners. They are way too abrasive for the finish on your faucet.
- Cleaners with bleach in them. The bleach will eat away at the shine of your fixture.
- Tarnish or rust removers. These cleaners do a great job restoring brilliance to metals, but are not made for the delicate finishes on plumbing faucets.
Plumbing gets fancy
You’re not limited to a handful of choices anymore when you want to upgrade. There are HUNDREDS of styles, colors, finishes, and even technology to choose from. A sparkling faucet can be the focal point of your kitchen. Consider a Brillance® finish by Delta Faucet. This technology was created to resist corrosion, tarnishing, and discoloration.
Your local Manchester CT plumber
Rapid Service LLC provides professional faucet installations in Manchester CT and the surrounding towns. Choosing a new faucet can be overwhelming, given all the new choices out there. A plumber technician can help you narrow down the choices to pick the faucet that’s best for your family. There might be options out there that you don’t know about yet! If you do a lot of cooking at home, you might like the ‘hands-free’ options. A built-in pull-down sprayer is great for easy rinsing. Updated your cabinets and want all your hardware to match? A faucet in colors like Champagne Bronze®, Polished Brass, Brushed Nickel, or Stainless are easy matches that Delta offers.
Call 860-228-1036 when you’re ready to treat yourself to a new plumbing upgrade.