Vernon CT Plumber: Boiler Troubleshooting Tips
Heating season is near
We’re approaching heating season here in Vernon CT. It’s time to check out your boiler before it’s time to put it to work. We never know if we’re going to have a light snow season or get Nor’easter after Nor’easter. We DO know that heat is important during those storms! If your boiler breaks down in the middle of a storm, it might be a few days before a heating repair truck can get on the road. Your local Vernon CT plumber has some troubleshooting tips to get you started.
Boiler troubleshooting tips
If your boiler isn’t turning on or creating heat, there are a few things you can check before you call a heating company.
- Power source – Open up your electrical panel or circuit breaker and look for a tripped breaker. Reset the breaker to see if that fixes the problem.
- Fuel source – Check your oil tank. Did you run out? During the frigid cold snaps, you might burn through more oil faster than you realize. An auto-delivery plan might be a good option for you to consider.
- Thermostats – If you don’t have any heat, it might not be a boiler problem. Take a look at your thermostats. Do any batteries need to be replaced? Try turning the heat up a little to see how the boiler responds.
- Reset button – Try hitting the ‘reset’ button. It’s usually red and found right on the boiler. Just like a computer, sometimes equipment needs to ‘reboot.’ If the boiler turns back on, then shuts down again after a few moments, that’s another issue. You may need oil burner service. We do not service burners, but your local oil company can help. If you have a gas boiler, you’ll need to call the gas company for pilot light service.
- Annual cleaning – Jump ahead of the line and schedule boiler cleaning service NOW. Once heating season is in full swing, it could be days or weeks before you can get service. Your local oil or gas company takes care of cleaning the boiler and servicing the oil burner. We take care of the plumbing side of your boiler, including the pipes, valves and pumps.
Your local Vernon CT heating specialist
Rapid Service LLC is here for you if the above DIY tips don’t solve the problem. We repair many makes and models of boilers including Crown and Buderus. If you notice a leaky valve, rust or corrosion, or clanging radiators, give us a call. Not enough heat in one room, but a sauna in another? Give us a call. We know that you have a million things to get done in a day…and not enough day. Our heating specialists show up at the time promised and get to work quickly to restore heat for your family. Most appointments can be scheduled for same day service. Emergency heating service is also available, as long as weather conditions permit our technicians to get on the road safely. Schedule service by calling 860-228-1036 – always speak to a person!