A water softener is a type of water conditioner. It reduces the hardness of your water. Hard water is caused by the minerals calcium or magnesium. If you have ever noticed a white film on your dishes, you have hard water. A water conditioner is a filter. It removes chlorine and helps to improve the taste of water. It does NOT remove hard minerals.
We will discuss the benefits of both water treatment systems in this article.
Here is an Aqua-Pure water softener system we installed for an East Hampton, CT customer:
Benefits of a Water Softener
- Your skin is the largest organ on your body. This system protects it best. You will not have to buy expensive lotions anymore. This is because natural oils come to the surface of your skin with soft water. Hard water clogs your pores. Your hair will also be healthier and shinier.
- You will also save money on shaving razors. Soft water reduces friction.
- Additional savings will be found when it comes to your fabrics. Clothing and linens will last longer.
- The lives of your appliances will also be extended because water softeners prevent scaling.
Benefits of a Water Conditioner
- Laundry and dishes will dry and rinse off easier, reducing your water bill.
- You will be healthier. A water conditioner system reduces sediment, chlorine and other impurities that affect the taste and odor of your water. It also prevents bacteria growth in the water.
- The lives of your appliances will be somewhat extended because it reduces scaling. Like we mentioned above, water conditioner does NOT remove the hardness minerals.
- This system does not use salt to treat the water. This ideal for those households on reduced-sodium diets or with infants.